Hybrid work has arrived, bringing with it a number of complications. How can you make it simple for employees to take their workstation home after a few days at the office and set it up again when they return the following week? Is it possible for them to continue working on the project they started the day before? Consider how remote employment has impacted your company’s internet security. We’ve included a list of tools and technology that can assist you in adjusting to this new era in this post
Listed below are five Tools and technology to make working in a hybrid environment convenient.
- Cloud migration
Many organisations were already utilising cloud-based technology prior to the epidemic. As businesses seek more flexible, agile solutions that allow workers to work from anywhere, demand for cloud-based options has increased.
The term “cloud” refers to servers that are accessible through the Internet rather than on-premises. This means that a lot of physical space is saved in your office and organizations also save on large upfront fees because everything is available on a subscription basis. It is also possible to use a mix of on-premises and cloud-based servers.
Because data is hosted online rather than in a single physical place, cloud computing allows workers to work from anywhere, making it ideal for hybrid working techniques.
- Bringing your telephone system up to date
Remote working makes it more difficult to remain in touch with coworkers, and hybrid working adds a new layer of complexity to communication between those in the office and those at home, without making the latter feel alienated.
In recent years, VoIP technology has become a popular alternative for organisations, and it is well suited to the new normal. It provides all of the capabilities of a typical telephone system with the added benefit of allowing users to operate from anywhere via an internet connection. You can also combine it with applications like Microsoft Teams to keep all of your conversations in one place.
Another benefit of a totally digital phone system is that there is no need to wire phones, making it simple to scale up or down without sacrificing value. Plus, with the PSTN’s demise scheduled for 2025, now is the ideal moment to update.
- Software for collaboration and communication
Working from afar may be alienating, preventing efficient cooperation and making it more difficult for employees to accomplish their best job. Fortunately, there are several alternatives that allow employees to start up where they left off and share their thoughts with coworkers in real-time.
Microsoft Modern Workplace, for example, makes use of a variety of Microsoft 365 technologies and apps to assist you in meeting your business objectives. Across the organisation, time-consuming administrative procedures may be automated, increasing efficiency and freeing up time for innovation.
The following items are found in a modern workplace:
- Exchange Online (email), Power Automate (workflow automation), and all the newest Office programmes are all included with Microsoft 365.
- File storage and document management in OneDrive/SharePoint
- Technologies such as Azure Active Directory, Azure Information Protection, and data loss prevention
- Enterprise Mobility + Security is a security solution for the cloud-first, mobile-first age that protects your company from cyber-attacks.
- Microsoft Teams and Power BI are two programmes that help with collaboration and productivity.
- Establishing a link between office and home employees
Although the hybrid working model offers a lot of flexibility and work/life balance, it also has the potential to make home-based employees feel less visible and heard than their office-based colleagues.
When businesses were compelled to work from home, the adoption of collaboration software like Slack, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams surged. Many use Teams because it has everything you need for a productive workday: you can chat, phone, and schedule video conferences, as well as exchange and edit documents in real-time, present slide presentations, and connect third-party apps. It’s useful at home and at work, making it the ideal hybrid work companion.
You may also invest in a Teams Room system to enable meetings between employees who work in office meeting rooms and those who work from home or from a different location.
Features like a wireless microphone and cameras that cover the entire room create a more natural, immersive experience, preventing office workers from clustering around one laptop and vying for attention. Furthermore, distant employees may see all participants and distinguish who is speaking, making them feel as if they are in the same room.
- Do not overlook cyber security
Since March 2020, cyber assaults on businesses of all sizes and sectors have increased dramatically. The likelihood of a breach is increased because employees are being moved from secure workplaces where they are more likely to be alert, and many are utilising personal devices that aren’t suited for professional usage.
When workers are always on the go, hybrid working presents a new challenge: how can you encourage them to work safely and securely while also monitoring devices and networks?
The following are three things you should prioritise:
- User awareness training – because your workers are the first line of defence against cybercrime, it’s critical that they feel comfortable dealing with possible dangers even from their own homes.
- Multi Factor authentication (sometimes known as two-factor authentication) provides an additional layer of protection to the login process. After entering your account’s password, you’ll be prompted to perform another task (typically inputting a one-time password from your phone) to verify that you’re the right person checking in.
- Mobile device management – solutions such as Microsoft Intune enable you to set and regulate how devices (such as laptops, smartphones, and tablets) are used, ensuring that corporate data is kept separate from personal data when personal devices are used for work.
Collaboration should be aided by technology rather than hindered by it. Thus any organization which is planning to introduce hybrid working for its employees should keep all the listed points in mind. These points will help to increase efficiency as well as security.