THE CONFUSION BETWEEN META BUSINESS SUITE AND THE BUSINESS MANAGER
Let us clear up the confusion between the Meta Business Suite and the Business Manager. Whether the Meta Business Suite will replace the Business Manager is still unclear. According to Meta, the two tools should work together. There are a lot of tools, access points, and where to find things within Meta Business Suite but the navigation is confusing as it has rolled out. Find more about meta business suite
THE META BUSINESS SUITE.
Facebook added the Meta Business Suite in 2020 to help you manage Facebook and Instagram. Uses of Meta business suite are:
- Post to Instagram and Facebook.
- Answer direct messages and notifications from both platforms.
- On both platforms, you can see your insights (stats)
Access other tools like the Leads Centre, Ads, and Commerce. Get into the Business Manager.
The business suite is to be accessed here on facebook
The link above usually takes you to the business manager, but now it directs you to the business suite; hence, it’s still confusing.
If you switch back to the business manager view, you might lose the ability to schedule posts with the business suite.
Inside the Meta business suite on the left sidebar, you see the main menu items, but the All Tools selection gives you access to many more tools.
In the Business Suite, the left-side menus can look very different depending on where you are.
Scheduled organic content can be created by the business suite. The main goal of the business suite is to bring Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger into one area.
THE BUSINESS MANAGER
In 2014, the business manager tool was introduced. It worked specifically as a central place for managing Facebook ads, accounts, and pages. It was a safe way for agencies to look after their client accounts through partner access.
The Meta said that the Business Manager is a place for:
- Maintaining control and securing your Facebook and Instagram accounts by managing your Meta business account by the business manager.
The business manager can be used as an option, but if you are into advertising on Instagram and Facebook then the business manager can be used. The following steps should be taken for using the business manager.
- Domain verification: The verification of your website that you own. As a result of the Apple iOS14 changes, this allows people to recognize your website as a trusted one.
- Partner access: Currently, I cannot see a way to give a Business Partner access to all your assets, so that another Business Manager can manage your ads or Facebook page.
- Retargeting or lookalike audience lists – you need to use the business manager to upload your customer list
- Block lists: a list that could stop your ads from places where you don’t feel safe for campaigning
The business manager can be accessed on facebook