We all like to have our car impeccable, both inside and outside. However, to make your car look like new, you need to take the time to clean it regularly, especially if you park it on the street, where dust, rain, sand, and mosquitoes become the main enemies to keep it in perfect condition. It should be noted that good cleaning also improves the safety, comfort, and condition of the vehicle.
Below, we give you a series of keys and tips so that you can carry out the exterior cleaning of your car in a complete, quick, and easy way.
Sand and saltpeter
You must be very careful with the sand that gets into the slots of the vehicle and sticks to the bodywork if you live in beach areas because if you do not remove all the sand before rubbing the car with a sponge or a cloth, you will scratch the paint of the bodywork. To remove all the sand, it is best to use air pressure, although if you do not have such a cleaning system, you can use a lance with water pressure without a brush.
Usually, a very thin layer of salt that remains fixed on the bodywork makes it essential that you remove it with water since it is very corrosive and harmful to the paint. If the vehicle has any areas with the paint raised, the salt could rust the bodywork.
Mosquitos and Bird droppings
Bird droppings contain acids, so you must get rid of them as soon as possible. Otherwise, they can destroy the body paint. If at the time you cannot “shower” the car with a hose, it is recommended that you use a tissue to remove the excrement and, as soon as possible, finish cleaning it with water. The mosquitoes that get stuck in the front of the car can also damage the paintwork, so it is advisable to remove them as soon as possible.
Cleaning the wheels
Rims are often the most neglected parts of a car, which should not be the case, as they are stained by dirt from the asphalt and grease and dust from the brake pads.
According to Youramazingcar.com, to clean the rims, you need a bucket of warm water, neutral soap, a brush, a microfiber cloth, a silicone bristle brush, and some special rim cleaner. It is not advisable to use acidic wheel cleaners, as they can leave stains; the best option will always be a neutral product.
Steps for cleaning car rims
- Pour pressure water to give it a general cleaning.
- Apply the special product for rims and leave it on for the time indicated in the instructions.
- Rub with the microfiber cloth or the brush.
- Use a silicone brush to clean the most difficult areas.
- Rinse with plenty of water.
Tip: It is important to keep the wheels of our vehicle clean
Cleaning the outside of the car
The fastest and most convenient method of washing your car is the car wash, although you will guarantee a better result if you wash your car with the pressure hose or by hand with a bucket and a cloth, which is known as “detailing.” The only drawback of the last two manual washes is that they require much more time.
Steps to make your car look shiny and like new:
- First, make sure that the windows and doors are properly closed. Then, it’s best to pre-wash with water to soften the dirt. The pre-wash must always be done from top to bottom, and if you use the pressure hose, you must keep some distance so as not to lift the paint from the body.
- Then, you must start washing the car thoroughly with soap, always from top to bottom, paying special attention to the underbody, the inside of the wheel arches, and the tires.
- Afterwards, you must rinse the soap, insisting on the areas where parts are joined since they usually accumulate soap. It should be noted that if the washing center offers you the option of polishing or waxing, it is advisable to apply it, as it will give you an even better finish. If you wash your car by hand, you can apply a wax protector.
- Finally, to obtain a perfect result, you must dry the car with a microfiber cloth. You must insist on the roof, the headlights, the chrome details, the rear-view mirrors, and the windows.