Colorado follows the at-fault rule when it comes to car accidents, just like many other states. This simply means that when an accident happens, the insurance company of the at-fault party pays the injured party of their losses. If you ever get injured in such an accident, you can ask for compensation, which will ideally cover your medical bills, loss of wages, lost earning capacity and other expenses. However, getting through the claims process may be harder than expected, and that’s the key reason why you need an experienced Grand Junction auto accident lawyer. In this post, we are sharing more on finding the best lawyer for car accident claims in Grand Junction.
- Experience. Not personal injury lawyers are same, so you have to do your homework when it comes to hiring one. Make sure that the accident lawyer is experienced in handling claims similar to yours, and they need to be open to answering your questions.
- Free consultation. Most law firms offer free consultation for new clients, and this can be your ticket to knowing the lawyer and his/her expertise. Make sure that you insist on a personal meeting, to gauge if the attorney is really interested in your case.
- Know the work process. Check with the concerned accident lawyer to know how they typically deal with a claim. Lawyers will usually file for insurance claim, but the negotiation start much later, when they have a fair idea of their client’s losses, injuries and suffering.
- Trial experience. Insurance companies may not offer a settlement that you need, or your compensation may be restricted for other reasons. Find an accident lawyer who has the experience of taking things to court. They will ensure that there is no stepping back as the case moves ahead.
- Comfort. You need to feel comfortable about the accident lawyer. It may take a few months to get your due compensation, and your lawyer can be your biggest support during such times. They need to have an empathetic approach towards clients and an aggressive attitude towards everything else.
Ask the lawyer if they are going to investigate the matter on their own. Depending on the seriousness of your injuries and losses, your lawyer may choose to go all out to get a deserved compensation. As for the fee, work with an accident lawyer, who is ready to take the case on a contingency basis, where a part of the settlement will be their fee, if they win.